The dining chair guide: How to choose your perfect set
We all know the feeling: you take a seat, sink into the luxurious comfort of your chair and sit there for a good three hours, oblivious to the world around you. That is the bliss of having comfortable dining chairs.
Here’s how you can find the right seats for your breakfast nook to feel like a pro-shopper, capable of navigating through the vast array of sizes and styles with ease.
How to choose dining chairs that fit
Before you rush out and buy a set of chairs for your eating place, it’s best to do some analysis. Start by measuring your dining room to know exactly how much space you are working with. Remember that dining chairs can be weirdly large, so make sure your new set will be manageable for the area.
Here is what to heed when picking the right size:
- Chair height – If you stick to the standard route, your height measurements will go at 18-23 inches.
- Table height – Your dining chairs should be about 10-12 inches lower than the top of your table.
- Width – Make sure there is plenty of room for everybody to sit with no bumping elbows with neighbours (18-24 inches between seats will do).
- Purpose – Consider whether you are going to arrange dining chairs for special occasions or everyday use.
When settling on your final option, assess how durable the material is, as your set must stand up to wear. Besides, pay attention to safety features, such as anti-slip foot protectors.
The style of your dining chairs
Whether you have a traditional dining room or an eclectic mix of chairs around your kitchen table, new seats can revamp your eating place. Decide on what style you are comfortable with:
- Modern: These dining chairs from NZ feature clean lines and adorable features that don’t distract you and your guests.
- Rustic: Whether solid oak or other wood, the style of your breakfast nook takes you to a country house full of peace and harmony.
- Glamorous: Dining chairs with beautiful legs and intricate patterns can add sparkle to your space.
- Vintage: Whether you opt for classic details and lighter but timeless materials like metal or wicker, you can never go wrong with vintage furniture.
- Eclectic: Different elements combined for a personal look can underpin your personality.
No matter which style wins, make sure your home decor dining chairs are comfortable and sturdy. And entirely to your liking.
- Andrew Garcorz